Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone else?

I took my 2000TJ to the car wash and after the passenger air bag light comes on, on the dash and whenever I push the clutch in all the way down while driving, it makes this awful noise as if u were trying to start the car after it was already running.

This is the second time this has happened post car war, and once whatever is getting wet dries out the noise and dash lights stop.

Does anyone know what it is that could be getting wet to cues this, or what I can do to stop it?
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Are you pushing the clutch while you're going through the car wash at any point?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This actually happened at two different car washs, and no I'm not hitting the clutch in car wash. It seems like the fuse box or something electric is getting wet under the car / in the engine bay. I stopped by the jeep dealer and they said it might be the ignition switch and said a new one was $400! So, it stopped since it dried out but we'll see what happens after the next wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts