Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 95 YJ With an AX-15 tranny. I am trying to find out if this part is supposed to be on my transmission or what the deal is. I found this stabilizer stud and bushing setting loosly in a transmission bracket without any way of tightening it to the skid plate. I took it apart and got this part #945266 on the bushing and googled it and the only info i can find for it is that it goes on a BA10/5 trans... I have checked and double checked to assure I have an AX-15 and been all over the web to see pics and descriptions of the two. I am 100% sure ist an AX. I bought it used so it maybe that the previuse owner put it in for some reason, or maybe it should be thier but if it is in the correct place I see no way of it doing anything but rattleing around. The part looks like this part 16 and 17 at this link
http://www.thejeep.com/onlinecatalog/p141.htm
STABILIZER STUD, TRANSMISSION MOUNTING
STABILIZER BUSHING (2 NEEDED) part #945266
But like i said its for a ba10/5.... any help or ideas would be awsome guys.
Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
I recently replaced the AX-5 in my 94, That peice came off mine too when taking the skid off....or broke off rather. The guy who did the swap for me couldn't really tell what it was doing there anyway..... He gave me the busted part, and I was planning on looking into it........but haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
an ax-15 has an aluminum plate in the center and a ax-5 has a cast iron plate in the center as far as the bracket i have no idea

·
Registered
192 Posts
The bracket is supposed to help prevent too much engine/trans roll under torque. CJs never had one, I don't run one now on my '93. If the motor mounts up front are good, the little 4-5" arm in the back isn't going to help much. It mainly just rattles when the bushings go bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts