Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body know what the part number is for the 6 hole gasket that goes between the trans and the transfer case? Or can I just use gasket sealer? When I split them I got about 4 to 6 of oil out Thanks Gordy

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
Never ever seen a gasket between transfer case and tranny
That space should not have any lube in it

I have dropped many a 231 242 TC case and never had fluid leak out

You have a major transfer case input or tranny output leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to pull it because the jeep took a hit, bent the axle. It pushed the driveshaft back and broke the front transfer case yoke. I pulled the back half of the case out by hand. I'm thinking that's where the oil came from. There was a gasket there that I peeled off.

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
Inside the case there is lube and front and back half of case do need to be sealed together but I have removed at least 10 TC cases at junkyard and have never seen a gasket at tranny extension to TC connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
There is no gasket between the transmission and transfer case, there is no lubricant inside there. They are bolted directly together, no RTV either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully the oil was from when it took the hit and leaked from the front shaft of the transfer case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts