Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I finished up a new clutch in my 90 yj. Flywheel, slave cylinder, etc was all installed. While doing the job I notice the stock line that goes from the clutch master cylinder down to the slave cylinder is starting to rust out pretty bad. I called local parts stores and noone sells it. Does anyone know where I can find a premade one? Or am I making it myself?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I got mine from advanceadapters.com. They have a complete kit for the change over from internal to external slave cylinders, as well as all the lines and adapters you would need.

If yours is still internal slave, and it is hard line the whole way, then someone already changed it. It is supposed to have a braided flex line on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine from advanceadapters.com. They have a complete kit for the change over from internal to external slave cylinders, as well as all the lines and adapters you would need.

If yours is still internal slave, and it is hard line the whole way, then someone already changed it. It is supposed to have a braided flex line on it.
No its the stock one. It still has the flex line. I found some online....the 6 cyl line you can only get OEM replacement from Jeep..180 bucks. The 4cyl one is only 40 aftermarket. Do you know what's the difference? I have the 4.2

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
That's what I spent to replace the one on my 89 4.2. I searched for awhile and finally had to spend the $180.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts