Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as buying axels from other vehicles the only thing required to make them compatible with a TJ is to weld the required brackets?

The reason I asked was I found someone selling a hd Dana 44 and ford 10.25 with 3.55's for a bronco but I was interested in them for my 03 TJ and if it was worth the time and effort or if I should only look for Dana's that come from Jeeps to keep things bolt in simple.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
As far as buying axels from other vehicles the only thing required to make them compatible with a TJ is to weld the required brackets?

The reason I asked was I found someone selling a hd Dana 44 and ford 10.25 with 3.55's for a bronco but I was interested in them for my 03 TJ and if it was worth the time and effort or if I should only look for Dana's that come from Jeeps to keep things bolt in simple.
What year Bronco? The 78-79 HP D44 used cast on radius arm mounts that are actually part of the axle tube and cannot be cut off. I don't recall the Bronco ever having a 10.25 rear axle, usually they were 9" axles in the early Bronco's, and in the early 80's they switched to 8.8 rear axles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts