Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum.
Need help. I am building a 08 2dr that has a 3" lift an d the track bars in front an d rear need replacing. Got the rough country adjustable frt &a rear bars. How do I make sure axles are aligned properly? The wore out ones I'm taking off are not adjustable. They look like the factory style with the relo bracket from previously installed lift.
Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Junkyard Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum.
Need help. I am building a 08 2dr that has a 3" lift an d the track bars in front an d rear need replacing. Got the rough country adjustable frt &a rear bars. How do I make sure axles are aligned properly? The wore out ones I'm taking off are not adjustable. They look like the factory style with the relo bracket from previously installed lift.
Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Junkyard Guy
Yep, use a tape measure and measure from a mold seam on the tires that you can duplicate on both sides in to the frame. Adjust until both sides match.

·
Registered
289 Posts
remember you will also need to adjust your drag link to re-center the steering wheel after you get your axles centered.

I put a long white zip-tie on the center top of the steering wheel to use as a needle indicator for wheel position, then adjusted the drag link accordingly. If you don't center the wheel you may have clock spring/ sensor issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts