Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am trying to find out what my best choice of changing gear ratios in my 2000 TJ. I have been looking for some Dana 44 axle assemblies with 4.56 gears. I have also checked into swapping the gears in my 30 and 35 axle assembly. 4 Wheel Parts said that they could do a gear change in my axles for $1800.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
A D44 is hard to find with any gear ratio. When you start looking for one with a specific gear ratio, it gets even harder. If you can find one, that's the way to go. DO NOT let 4 Wheel Parts touch your axles. There are many stories of them doing gears on the Forum and none are good. Check with a reputable ring and pinion/differential shop that sets up gears full time.

If you wheel a lot, you might want to consider a Ford 8.8 or keep looking for a D44, then have those regeared rather than spending the $'s on the D35. If it's mostly a daily driver and light trails, just do a regear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts