Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyonbe done an axle flip? by that i mean changing springs from bottom of axle to top ....i am a welder fabricater in denver so spring perches arent an issue but is there anything im not seeing or issues i may come accross...i have a 93 yj project/daily driver thanx for the help

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
In this forum it is commonly known as an SOA (spring over axle) lift.

It will net you approx 5.5 inches of lift.

The downside of lifting that high will be pinion angles need to be set properly, as well as a longer rear drive shaft is needed. And it would be a good idea to put in a SYE (slip yoke eliminator) on the back of the t-case, but then you need a totally different driveshaft all together. Some use a CV joint shaft with the SYE and others just use a standard shaft.

And to top it all off, you pretty much have to learn how to drive the machine all over again, cause the center of gravity that you are currently used to, has now drastically changed. But the upside to it is....Lift it up, fat chicks cant jump!...lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Look for a thread called 95 YJ SOA step by step

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I'm in the process of doing an SOA myself. There's a lot to know when you do it. On top of what is mentioned above, you may have to drop your steering, remove track bars and sway bars and change shocks (or their mounting points) depending on what functionality you're trying to retain/gain.

Denis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts