Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 JK that has a bad/bent axle. I had a dealership earlier this year replace the axle seals to address a leak and changed the diff fluid all under warranty. I took it to the same dealership to address the axle itself and they gave me an estimate stating it wasn't under warranty. How can the seals be warranty but not the axle itself? I have 5 months left on my powertrain warranty. 5 MO/100,000 miles but the 5 months will happen first. I'm at 80,000 mi right now. Should I try and take it to another dealership? I tried contacting mopar/chrysler and they said the dealership has a better idea on more specifics related to the warranty so if they say it's not covered... eyeroll TYIA!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Is it the just 1 axle or the axle housing ?

How did it bend, do you have oversized tires and or different rims with different offsets, they can cause an issue that will not be covered.

Front axle, rear axle ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the just 1 axle or the axle housing ?

How did it bend, do you have oversized tires and or different rims with different offsets, they can cause an issue that will not be covered.

Front axle, rear axle ?
The dealership only quoted the axle shaft so i'm not sure about the entire assembly, it's rear btw. Tires are a little over 33s nitto trail grapplers, so not oversized no different offsets. Hasn't been wheeled in over a year, and that was just mud no rock crawling. It's my daily driver so I've never done anything reckless with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also it's just odd to me that the axle seals, which I would think is a "wear and tear part" were covered under warranty. But the axle itself is not? I would think barring a major impact they should last the lifespan of the jeep with good care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts