Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Jeeps with the recent purchase of an '02 Sport with the 5 speed manual. I ran the VIN on one of the sites here and found out that I have a Dana 30 front axle and a Dana 44 rear axle. Gear ratio is reflected as 3.73. Running 31" tires on the stock 15" wheels, is this a good setup? Predominately on road use, but want to do some off roading as well. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
New to Jeeps with the recent purchase of an '02 Sport with the 5 speed manual. I ran the VIN on one of the sites here and found out that I have a Dana 30 front axle and a Dana 44 rear axle. Gear ratio is reflected as 3.73. Running 31" tires on the stock 15" wheels, is this a good setup? Predominately on road use, but want to do some off roading as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Thats a good setup, I'm running it with wimpy 28's and can do almost everything guys with 33's can

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Your perfectly fine with 3.73 and 31"s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick responses and feedback! I have to say, this is the best forum I've been on for any subject. Also on a few others for guns and some other things, but the participation on this Wrangler forum is by far the best as far as participation and the level of expertise of the members. Glad I joined!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts