On a 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited what would the desired ratio be for a mostly
road used and toad vehicle?
I am new to this stuff.
Thanks, Kev
:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Unless your #1 concern is fuel economy, towing alone justifies the 4.10.

Besides very few owners complain about their gear ratio being too high numerically (low gearing) and changing gear ratios is expensive and requires break-in.

·
Super Moderator
22,099 Posts
I have 4.10 with auto in my 14 and if given a choice would definitely get 4.10's. Even if never going larger in tire size as the sweet spot is about 75mph on the highway.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you are not planning on re-gearing then 4.10. If the re-gear is in your future then 3.73, no point in paying extra for something you are going to swap out.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't think it's worth the money for a couple hundred RPM , stock ratio gears are real expensive also
VS. After market..

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't think it's worth the money for a couple hundred RPM , stock ratio gears are real expensive also
VS. After market..
unless you order them when buying...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input I ordered the 4.10 ratio but wanted verification it was the right choice.

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some and sand dunes too, we have a couple of Sportsmans and a RZR. I retire in June and want to travel with a toad behind the moho. What could be better than a Rubicon for some off road capability and grocery getter!:iamhappy:

·
Super Moderator
22,099 Posts
note the eco indicator is on.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dang... only 7? I thought I was cold at 35 this morning.
I do not miss my days in North Dakota working on the flight line at -65 windchills

·
Super Moderator
22,099 Posts
what year is your jeep? I ask because your gauges look different than what's in my 2015. You also have that green color, mines more a light blue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts