Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building up a Dana 30 HP to swap into my TJ and am curious how much quality differs from brand to brand for axle shafts. All things being equal, any companies to avoid? Warranty bonuses, etc. I want to do this right the first time, but also not trying to rape my wallet if possible. Thanks again folks!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
most guys will steer you away from the Chinese stuff, but from what i see unless you buy top $ it's all from some other corner of the world.

Revolution Gear n Axle is regarded well they have American made shafts as well as a Discovery series, it's not U.S materials but it's held to their standards.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Reactions: Bmidbar

·
Registered
875 Posts
Other than the USA-made axle shafts manufactured by Foote and marketed by Revolution Gear & Axle, nearly all (if not all) of the TJ aftermarket chromoly axle shafts are imported from India and come from the same small group of foundries. The imported axle shafts you get from Ten Factory, G2, RG&A, etc. are all pretty much the same. What distinguishes them for the end user is the customer service and warranty policies of the supplier, although I am told that some of these companies source their imported axles from the low bidder rather than the best bidder with the primary difference in the product being the quality of the heat treating process from the low bid foundries.

I am using gear sets sourced from RG&A but they were having supply issues with both the domestic and imported axle shafts and I needed to find another supplier for chromoly axle shafts. That's when I became acquainted with Ron Stobaugh at Carbon Offroad.

I highly recommend Carbon Offroad and its products. Prices were good with a no questions asked warranty and excellent customer service

carbonoffroad.com

·
Registered
150 Posts
I considered carbon also, but ultimately decided to use Revolution. They're nice axles and joints, but as mentioned above, cost about a grrrr. I've had no issues with them thus far, 10k miles, and I like to crawl rocks at least once a month.

The next diff I build, I won't think twice about it, Revolution. Customer service has been top notch the few times I've contacted them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts