Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad are wanting to upgrade our yj alittle, I'm not looking for something extreme, At some point im hoping to swap in a v8 or a diesel so i figure if i go ahead and upgrade the axles not itll save me alittle time, and frustration later, Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm mostly looking for something that won't need any major modifications done to it

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
They don't make anything that will handle the torque of a V8 or diesel and doesn't require any major modifications. Sorry.

If you are dead set on the V8/diesel swap, then I would swap the axles now for a set of 1 ton running gear. Dana 60 rear and a Dana 70 front. They will both handle the torque you will be applying to them from either a V8 or a diesel.

But as far as finding an axle that will just "bolt in", you are out of luck on that one.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
A high pinion dana 44 and ford 9 inch out of an early ford f150 makes for a good swap. If not going extreme tire sizes, a ford 8.8 is very tough. Could easily handle a v8 if you're not trying to peel out with 35's or bigger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts