Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my lift kit installed 3inch teraflex. Looking to go from 31 to 33 s. I have d35 and don't even want to try it. Been researching 8.8 swaps and trying to find d44 out of a wrangler. Found stock d44 housing for 200 on cl. Factory 3.07 gearing now so was going to have to regear anywsys so question is cost efficiency. Either build 44 from scratch or go 8.8 swap and regear .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I did the 8.8 conversion and regear. I went with a SYE and drive shaft. and had the pinion angle welded specifically for my BDS lift, allowing me to not have to use adjustable arms. I have no vibes, bumps, jerks, or shimmies. I could not be happier. The best part is I got the lift, axle, D 30 regeared to 4.10 and wheels and tires for less than a G2 Dana 44.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,627 Posts
Is that D44 you found out of a TJ? For only $200, I'm betting it's not. If it's not, it'll be set up for leaf springs and a real job to get it ready to bolt into your coil spring TJ. Personally, I'd hold out for a D44 out of a TJ which would be an easy bolt-in job. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sye and new shoes next week to get rid of the snow plow under neath. I like the idea of the 8.8 4:10 swap. Also, jerry do you have a thread on your auto transmission swap ive seen your input on a lot of threads

·
Knows a couple things...
49,627 Posts
jerry do you have a thread on your auto transmission swap ive seen your input on a lot of threads
I should have but did not do a thread on the conversion. Maybe one of these days I'll do one since I do have a bunch of photos from it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
dbgbuell said:
I just got my lift kit installed 3inch teraflex. Looking to go from 31 to 33 s. I have d35 and don't even want to try it. Been researching 8.8 swaps and trying to find d44 out of a wrangler. Found stock d44 housing for 200 on cl. Factory 3.07 gearing now so was going to have to regear anywsys so question is cost efficiency. Either build 44 from scratch or go 8.8 swap and regear .
How much was your lift? Didn't know teraflex made a 3" kit

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found lift kit 3 years ago on cl for 300 still in the box. If you go to teraflex website you can find it. It was in quadratec but hasnt been in there for a while. I had it sitting around for so long that when I had it put on I had some things added to it without feeling the money pains from getting it all at the same time. Ok I went to teraflex site and its not there anymore but when I put part number in and search it comes up so I don't think they do a tj 3 inch anymore. But I could be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts