Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its amazing how new AXLE UJOINTS can improve steering.
Mine were 2 years old.
The steering wheel would rock back and forth on slow tight turns.
Took them out and they were totally dry and rusted.

Those things were packed with Red & Sticky but were now dry.
How???

Replaced the ujoints with new Spicers, packed and loaded with grease and man is this thing smooth.

Just saying.

Seems like my 99 cherokee ate ujoints also.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Nice job. Next time use Spicer's 5-760x sealed u-joints there which are stronger and more durable than greasables with a single zerk are.

·
Commercial Member
7,874 Posts
Replaced the ujoints with new Spicers, packed and loaded with grease and man is this thing smooth.

Just saying.

Seems like my 99 cherokee ate ujoints also.

If I remember correctly, the sealed Spicers (no zerk) specifically say not to add additional grease than what came from factory?....
It's been a few years since I did mine but I think that's what it said.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
If I remember correctly, the sealed Spicers (no zerk) specifically say not to add additional grease than what came from factory?....
It's been a few years since I did mine but I think that's what it said.
You remember correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry Based on your earlier posts, I went with those ujoints. They are beefy, I packed them with red & tacky just make sure they have a good start.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Jerry Based on your earlier posts, I went with those ujoints. They are beefy, I packed them with red & tacky just make sure they have a good start.
Lucas red & tacky is a great grease but is it compatible with the grease Spicer packed it with? Not all greases are compatible with each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts