Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 foot? vent tube coming out of my front axle, it's not connected to anything at this time. Can anyone please tell me where this tube should go?

thanks
giff

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
If it's like a TJ, it should have a plastic thingy (technical term) on the end not connected to the axle and be bolted up alongside the radiator. It's just there so the diff can breathe and stay (hopefully) above the waterline if you decide to play U-boat captain. :cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
High in the engin compartment, so water doesn't get into it?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
It mounts on the drivers side of the radiator support. Should have a white vent cap in the end of the tube.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, I know about the tube from the front that goes up to the right of the radiator. I am wondering if their is one like that on the rear differential, or if the axel vent is open to the gears there and serves that purpose?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Yes on the rear. Goes from diff housing passenger side up into left rear quarter area. It should be connected to the T fitting for the rear hard brake lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts