Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, it's been a while since I've been on here because the Jeep has been taking a backseat to mountain trips. But, now that spring is fast approaching (or here already depending on how you look at it) I'm slowly turning back to the TJ. So far I have a 3" BDS lift, and Metalcloak Overline front fenders (not installed, Mountains remember?). Now, the issues: I don't know if I want to go with the matching rear fenders? or if I want to go with some comp cut (probably poison spyder) ones with (custom) flares welded on to match the metalcloaks? What are your thoughts? Also, with these fenders and lift I should be able to do a 37" tire, so what am I going to need for axles? Will D44's be enough to handle those? Or will I need bigger. Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for any insight you guys can offer!

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Well i have been looking into this, this is basically the same build I am going into. my plan is to do a 8.8/hp30 for the 37s.

Are you going to be wheeling hard, and are you going to be DD, and are they gona be locked?

There is always the option of the super 30/super 88 if you need them. I don't think you would have trouble with them open.

for a d44 I would say 37 is the limit. I don't know much about a front 44, depends where you are getting it from, a custom build tj one from currie or ecgs or somewhere or are you getting a donor axle to fab up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a different daily driver, the Jeep is predominantly a Trail rig and might be driven around town once in a while )rarely. So I do plan on wheeling fairly hard this year.

And I haven't planned out where I'm getting anything as of yet. I priced out D44's for the front and rear at the shop I get most of my Jeep stuffs, and he quoted me at $6,000-ish (don't know brands or anything, but that's with my choice of lockers, and Chromoly axle shafts). I just don't want to be running these things at their upper limit if I'm going to be beating the hell out of them.

So what exactly is the super 30/super 88?

EDIT: I plan on having selectable lockers front and rear.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
ClPeller said:
I've got a different daily driver, the Jeep is predominantly a Trail rig and might be driven around town once in a while )rarely. So I do plan on wheeling fairly hard this year.

And I haven't planned out where I'm getting anything as of yet. I priced out D44's for the front and rear at the shop I get most of my Jeep stuffs, and he quoted me at $6,000-ish (don't know brands or anything, but that's with my choice of lockers, and Chromoly axle shafts). I just don't want to be running these things at their upper limit if I'm going to be beating the hell out of them.

So what exactly is the super 30/super 88?

EDIT: I plan on having selectable lockers front and rear.
Nice. Look at east cost gear supply an compare prices. But that doesn't sound bad. Super kits have like the chromoly shafts. Then can contain other stuff based on axle like if it has a c clip it might eliminate c clip and crap like that. I can't tell you specifically. Because I cant afford one lol. but they basically beef up the axle as much as possible. And thts nice to have a dd and a rig.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I thought it was a decent price. I am just not certain on running the D44's though. I don't want to have to worry in case I need to give the Go Pedal a good mashing.

I'll look into that site though. Thanks for the tip. And yes, its definitely handy to not have to worry too much about breaking something on my jeep, because I can always trailer it back home with my truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I thought it was a decent price. I am just not certain on running the D44's though. I don't want to have to worry in case I need to give the Go Pedal a good mashing.

I'll look into that site though. Thanks for the tip. And yes, its definitely handy to not have to worry too much about breaking something on my jeep, because I can always trailer it back home with my truck.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
ClPeller said:

You could prob do a 8.8 yourself cheaper if you know someone or somewhere to weld too. Like I'm look at 800 for a stock unlocked 8.8 ready to bolt in after buying it and buying and welding axles and hard lining brakes. Adding other parts and lockers will get you close to 2500 ish which is where that site comes in because if your doing all that you can just order it all. Less work. Little bit more cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts