Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey jeepers. Quick question, we have been getting some floods here in Texas and was wondering, we're does rather get inside the axles besides the breather tubes?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
If you have a locker and the seal on the air or electrical connection is bad water can get in thee. Seeing how new your Jeep is that would be unlikely. Any other point of intrusion would also show signs of oil leaking out. Mostly a bad axle seal and this would show oil polling in your lower C. Water in the vent tube is the number one point. Are you having an issue of water intrusion?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a locker and the seal on the air or electrical connection is bad water can get in thee. Seeing how new your Jeep is that would be unlikely. Any other point of intrusion would also show signs of oil leaking out. Mostly a bad axle seal and this would show oil polling in your lower C. Water in the vent tube is the number one point. Are you having an issue of water intrusion?

No issues. I just want to make shire no water gets inside axle while driving through deep water

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Ok, you may want to raise all your breather tubes. Front axle, transmission and transfer case can be extended up into the engine bay. The rear axle can be extended up into the right rear tail light area. All you need is a lot of 3/8 fuel line hose.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Most just replace the entire line. Less chances for a leak.

·
Registered
374 Posts
or add these breather creepers instead of new lines!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
New lines are cheaper and you can go to the local parts store to get them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
New lines are cheaper and you can go to the local parts store to get them.
mmmeh.....$10/creeper was cheap enough for me.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Was that each or all four and did it include shipping? Where did you get it?
$10/each creeper...that was 5 years ago, picked them up at Trail-gear when the Canadian Dollar was high, shipping was like $10.00 to my location in Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
$10/each creeper...that was 5 years ago, picked them up at Trail-gear when the Canadian Dollar was high, shipping was like $10.00 to my location in Canada.
They go for $20/ea now plus shipping. New hose may run $15 to do both axles and T case

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you go to the auto parts store for fuel hose ask about buying a roll instead of plastic packaged pieces or bulk length. I wanted some and the clerk was nice enough to check the price and for what I wanted it was more to buy a piece by the foot than to get the whole roll. Its worth the ask.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Because it doesn't seem to have a one way valve.
A 1-way valve would defeat the purpose of using a SEALED expansion chamber. I'm thinking you're not understanding how it works.

Installed when the axle is cool, the expansion chamber is collapsed or in a relaxed state. Then the axle heats up, the fluid and air inside the axle expand. Instead of air escaping through a vent the expansion chamber does what it's supposed to; Expand under pressure. No air escapes, no need for a check valve. Axle cools and the fluid/air contract, the expansion chamber goes back to its relaxed state.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Will a 25' roll of fuel hose be enough to do all 4?
no need to do four, just the two axles, and yes 25' will be enough.

I ran mine up behind the rear tail light and zip ties it to the harness, in the front I ran it up next to the transfer case breather and ties them together.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts