Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Longer axles? You mean wider? You can get a more "stanced" look with less backspacing on the wheels.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Dang man, you're all over the place. First 31's, now 35's.
D44 min for the rear. Can't help with longer.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Running 35 inch tires safely literally costs thousands of dollars...before you even buy the tires. Even for just the street you're in at least 2 grand for the bare minimum. And that is absolutely scraping by

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Why does it cost so much
Because the larger and heavier the tire, the more strain there is to axles, brakes, and steering, and the higher you go to make room for those tires increases drive line angles which requires more parts and mods.

Tires are the small part. It takes axles strong enough, steering that's up to it, and brakes with additional stopping power. That's not to mention the cost of, regearing axles, and lifting so they will fit. Along with that goes an SYE, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars...yada yada. You can figure on closer to $5K IF you already have a D44 in the back, and more if you don't.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Axles themselves are pricy, chromoly shafts, new brackets for wider axles, control arms, sye, new driveshaft, gears front and rear, track bars, upgraded brakes, upgraded steering, tires, wheels. You need 5-6" of lift which usually includes a suspension lift along with a small body lift.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just reduce your lift and stick with 33's. 35's are more money to run like mentioned above. However you can run 33's relatively decently. I can name probably 5 - 10 of my buddies running 33's with hardly any upgrades. when I put 35s on my jeep, I needed, new brakes, rebuilt the full steering ( tie rod, tie rod ends, steering stabilizers, track bars ,etc ), alloy shafts... and I am waiting for this summer to stick in my new axles with better gearing. Bought 2 4.88 geared axles for relatively " cheap " 1000$... however it gets expensive quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts