Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Ham radio and just got my Technicians class license. I am only planning on carry an HT, Baofeng BF-F8HP. I am having a hell of a time finding a club that would "take me in" unfortunately and I need some help. I am hoping I can find some here. I do have some linked repeaters programmed in through Chirp along with a couple of local repeaters.

I am wondering what frequencies other folks have programmed in for when they are out on the trails. I have read that there are some "monitored" simplex frequencies. I am looking to clean up my radios programming so when I am out,usually alone(I know, I know), I can at least have some way to try and get a hold of someone in an emergency type situation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wish I could help you out. I too have a Baofeng but still need a license. I too have played around with chirp and getting some repeaters programmed in but that is as far as I've gotten. The fact that you can't find a club is a bit interesting. I was under the impression this was the easy part but I guess not.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Look into EAARS (Eastern Arizona Amateur Radio Society). If you join you will get their newsletter and they have events you can participate in on the air. also picnics every year and some other stuff going on

Reactions: AZweddo

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I could help you out. I too have a Baofeng but still need a license. I too have played around with chirp and getting some repeaters programmed in but that is as far as I've gotten. The fact that you can't find a club is a bit interesting. I was under the impression this was the easy part but I guess not.

I probably should clarify about the clubs. I have tried contacting them via their preferred method through the website. I have gotten no responses unfortunately. Maybe I just have to go to a few different meetings and see how that goes. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look into EAARS (Eastern Arizona Amateur Radio Society). If you join you will get their newsletter and they have events you can participate in on the air. also picnics every year and some other stuff going on

Thank you, I will check that group out too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts