Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting your opinions, I have a 87 yj with 4.2 and BA10 transmission. I might have a line on another transmission from a 95, but its an auto. Im curious what your oppinions of those trans. and if I can get it for free, is it worth the swap, I've already had to take the top off my BA10 to re-align the shifter. I'm afraid it might leave me stranded somewhere, but if its a junk auto I'm not going to wast my time even pulling it.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
1992-1995 YJ's used the 32RH 3 speed which is a very good transmission but it has no over drive and the torque converter lockup is controled by the PCM. You need a TF999 from the early YJ's without the lockup torque converter.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There's gotta be a way to add a few momentary switches to control the TC and make it preform same or better than PCM controlled. OP is already rowing through gears so pushing a button once in a while shouldn't be too much of a problem.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
There's gotta be a way to add a few momentary switches to control the TC and make it preform same or better than PCM controlled. OP is already rowing through gears so pushing a button once in a while shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Even if you could it would get annoying VERY fast. I ran an electric fan with a on and off switch on my old MJ and i installed it thinking "i will just turn it on when i need it" that did not go well at all and made driving the truck a miserable experience. Do things right or dont do them at all.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
There are plenty of aftermarket controllers for gm transmissions... the plug would be wrong but surely one of those could be converted....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts