Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with the rear bumper being stained? I don't know if it was something they put on the spare tire but it looks like something was dripping off the tire onto the bumper. The body shop said they'd replace the bumper (that was two months ago) and I haven't heard from them yet. It won't wash off (even tried alcohol). Tips?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Use soapy water and a scrub brush and after it dries, use something like Back to Black or Turtle Wax Trim Restorer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone have issues with the rear bumper being stained? I don't know if it was something they put on the spare tire but it looks like something was dripping off the tire onto the bumper. The body shop said they'd replace the bumper (that was two months ago) and I haven't heard from them yet. It won't wash off (even tried alcohol). Tips?
I had same issue on my 2016. You can get any tire solution on rear bumper. The dealer got product on bumper when cleaned for delivery new. The dealer body shop explained to me it was there own fault. They removed bumper and resurfaced, and sprayed with a clear that he said would be protected. He explained it had to do with pour is finish it has from factory.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had same issue on my 2016. You can get any tire solution on rear bumper. The dealer got product on bumper when cleaned for delivery new. The dealer body shop explained to me it was there own fault. They removed bumper and resurfaced, and sprayed with a clear that he said would be protected. He explained it had to do with pour is finish it has from factory.
Same here except my dealer insisted it was me. After much debate they replace the rear bumper. It is a brownish stain that cannot be cleaned off. Looked to me like dealer tire slime that ran off on the bumper.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Those spray and leave tire dressings are awful.

I got nasty splatter marks on the front of our travel trailer from what ever the car was used. The black washed off, but we forever had little greasy splatter patterns in that trailer.

Now if I out a tire dressing on, I wipe off all excess.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
We had stains on the silver bumper insert on our Sahara for a few months when it was new. I remember the high pressure hose at the car wash removed them each time and they eventually stopped returning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts