Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling my 2009 JKU last year and going to a Corvette, I'm now back in the game! I thought I could daily drive a 6 speed sports car but after a few months and some speeding tickets it got old. Low seating position, constantly stuck in traffic, etc.

I searched and searched for a preowned 2012+ but followed your guy's advice and just purchased a new one! Let the fun begin!!!!! 2012's were all going for 26k -30k + tax

Well here she is, it feels like driving a lowrider LOL. I do love the 3.6!

She will be getting a host of upgrades in the coming months... ;)

Here is my old JKU that I sold, very excited to be back in the Jeep family.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!

·
Registered
340 Posts
If the plans for the new one exceed what your old one was....

Wow !

Mod - A - Way !

Self imposed speed reduction program can be every bit as fun the GM 2 seater was.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Welcome back! Did about the same. Traded my 2011 for Chevy and then traded the Chevy for my 2014 after a year. Never getting rid of the Jeep again!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Can I have the vette?

Congrats on the Jeep and your return!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!

I also sold my 2012 JKUR thinking I was over the Wrangler thing...I was so wrong!

The fun you get driving a Wrangler is different from a sports car at so many levels: you can share the fun with your family and friends; you are less prone to get speeding tickets or into an accident; allows you to slow down, appreciate the scenery and enjoy every moment.

Other benefits of owning a Wrangler over a sports car:

1. You don't hit the front spoiler leaving your driveway
  2. You don't scratch the wheels if you hit the curb
  3. You don't get your doors dinged by every parking lot idiot
  4. You don't get a flat tire for driving over a coffee cup
  5. You don't have to wait for Roadside Assistance because you DO carry a spare tire
  6. You don't have to race every idiot at a light
  7. You don't need premium gas
  8. You don't pay an arm and a leg in insurance
  9. You don't have to wash it every week
  10. You look forward to going for a drive whether it is snowing or sunny outside
  11. Your blood pressure gets lowered, not raised
  12. Unlike a sports car, a Wrangler is still state-of-the-art after six months, one year, or fifteen years

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys!!!!

Jeef Spicoli

Definitely, 20in fuel hostage on 35s, AEV 3.5, XRC Body Armor, etc etc ;)

dawhitesJKU
I considered the 2 door this time around. But like you, you never know what the future holds so buying a 4 door ahead of time just made more sense.

Cajun4x4
Agreed, if you build it to your liking don't ever get rid of it. Heck, I wish I could just go buy my old one back LOL

devnull
It was a nice car! But honestly, a nice weekend car.

aldo90731
Aldo, couldn't have said it better myself. Run flat tires that go bald each 10-12k miles at a cost of $480 a pop are absolutely no fun to replace. I couldn't parallel park the car anywhere because I was afraid someone would take the bumpers. Every rock chip hurt. The jeep is just better all around.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Welcome back. There are many positives to owning the Jeep as have been pointed out. I don't want to be a killjoy but you can make the Jeep cost as much as the Vette. Just start modding.
I wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome home.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh the list is long. The Jeep will end up costing me an arm and a leg but well worth it in the end :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts