Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the daughter's "new" Wrangler to my favorite mud hole over the weekend. It's been a while since I've been there, after having sold my own little 'yota 4x4 years ago. Apparently, some very powerful trucks with large tires have been shredding it in my absence. There were some scary looking holes, small ponds really, that I intentionally avoided. I was going to have enough trouble with my standard, well-aged all terrains as it stood. I carefully made it across the way once and went up into the woods in a dried out creek bed. It wasn't until my way back that I encountered a problem. I couldn't see exactly where I went in, so I attempted to straddle some humps between ruts. That was a mistake. I eventually slid sideways, halfway into one of those aforementioned ponds. The driver's side wheels went into a rut and I was leaning precariously. I'd tell you it was 45 degrees if it was 10. Whatever it was, I had to lean into the passengers side to compensate. When muddy water is almost up to the window, it looks ominous. I just new I was going to fall over any second. Low range didn't get me anywhere, forward or backward. It seemed hopeless. Then I remembered getting out of a sticky situation once by jamming it into high range and engaging 4-wheel warp drive. I did just that in reverse, mud flying from all fours in all directions, and the little jeep popped right out. Amazing! Took me several minutes to get over the adrenaline rush. In order to get back onto high ground, I took the jeep through some ruts that I just knew would get me high centered, but it never happened.

It's been a long time since I went muddin'. This was my first time in my own jeep. I am very happy.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
welcome to the addiction. your daughter is a better kid than me if u had her jeep out. best you woulda got from me was shotgun

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
As said before welcome to the addiction

I did something like that once but I sank the entire jeep (more so on the drivers side) all the way up to the fender where I could pick my foot 4in off the ground and stand on the fender. I ended up having to get pulled out though, I tried everything and it just sunk me lower into the mud. The reason I got stuck in the first place was cause I was in 2wd in a mud hole I've never hit before :banghead: I went back a month later during a thunder storm in 4wd this time and made it through no problem.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yep been there done that..,,the time i remember best was sitting in my jeep with the mud up to my chest,,,,--gotta love deep clay mud pits..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh now don't get me wrong. I caught all kinds of business from the jeep's "owner" when I got home. We've washed that thing 3 times since and still haven't quite got all the mud off!

It's a fun little bugger!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts