Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving my Jeep for the past week, after it sat in the drive-way since January. Some of you remember I bashed my stock skid and opted to go ahead and do some upgrades. I had to wait for a May delivery on the STaK and then order my new drive shafts. A few other changes were a body/motor lift, flat belly skid, heavier tie rod and mirror relocation brackets so I can put on my new half doors. These past months have had a few tense moments Impatience is my middle name :eek: and I hated being without my Jeep!

Today we fine tuned the shifter's positions, linkage and put the cover on the shifters (I guess that means it's done. :rolleyes: ) In the morning we head out for Paragon....I'm so excited to be on the trail in my Jeep , probably won't get too much sleep (be like waiting for Christmas morning.) Looks like it's going to be a wet one: 100% chance of rain :D

For the future: was going to put in superior axles with a locker, but we just got word tonight....a friend plans on upgrading his axles, he'll sell me his "old" Dana 44s (he picked up the Jeep today...39 miles).

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Sweet!! Take some pics, Kat. Glad you got your baby rollin'. Tell Frank that it is about time!!!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Awesome Kat, sounds like you got real serious about this wheeling business :D I understand the kid at Christmas syndrome, hope you get some sleep tonight. Have a ball tomorrow, and take some pix. Which Stak did you go with? That is a mean t-case.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my gosh!!!

Wheeling my Jeep today was great....(almost) better than sex...remember, I was stock - 3.07:1 the 2 speed STaK was so much more than I expected. I'll be honest, I had my doubts and didn't know if I would like it.....dispite Frank's constant reassurance that I would kick butt. At one point today, we were discussing putting it on 37s, etc...... and having a trailer queen. :D :D distant future.....at least until I get it paid off. "I've lost all sanity, but it's ok, they know me here......in Jeep land"
Here's a few pics....our group took it easy because of the rain and we had a couple of first timers to break in

View attachment 403

View attachment 404

View attachment 405

View attachment 406

View attachment 407

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Looks like you had a great time, and I certainly understand the insanity part. Were you able to try a front dig? I love that ability of having a twin stick t-case. So much more control and fun. You must be in Jeep'n heaven right now. Sure is great to know that someone else has been bitten. Did you go with the 4:1 ratio in the t-case? You definitely went with a stout t-case, it should hold up to anything you throw at it. I am tickled pink for you. Thanks for the pix, and making me feel more normal, if that is possible........lol. Tell Frank that he is the man.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 5.44:1

front dig......:eek: , I'm chanting in my head just to remember how to shift it correctly

front dig....soon, very soon! :D

BTW
Frank had to do some repairs on his Jeep after he "loaned" it to me these past months, well....I was able to return the favor for him today: he smashed his finger and broke it ;)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Ouch.......sorry about Franks finger, I almost did that too. Smashed it like a grape, moving boulders. NO FUN!!! You really did get serious with the t-case. That is the same one I got. And it did take me some fiddling Sat. to figure it out too. I got the 3 speed, so I have 3 sticks to figure out. I know your going to laugh at me, but my wife was holding the paper with the shifting pattern on it, while I was trying to get them all in the right places, while wheeling. I started to get the hang of it after a while, but sure got confusing a time or two.

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Where and for how much did you guys get the stak boxes? oh and I want pix of the isntalls! :flipoff:

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Glad to see you got the Jeep back out! Great pictures, looks like a ton of fun! I know the feeling of wanting to turn the Jeep into a trailer queen... Only 2 things holding me back, no tow vehicle and no trailer!:rolleyes: :D Sorry to hear about Frank's finger, hope he won't be out of commission too long!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Very nice, Kat. Glad you had a good time. Tell Frank I'm sorry that his wife smashed his finger.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Kat, looking good there kiddo. 5.44:1, will the damn thing stop when it's in low? :D

Now you'll be wanting to snake Frank's Krawlers off his rig for yours. Your ready to play with the big boys now. :D

Bummer about Franks finger. Tell him he can just turn a wrench with the other hand. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts