Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Do you run a back seat all the time, none of the time or go back and forth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I bought the Jeep, '05 Unlimited, the wife got in it and pulled the back seat and had me put it in the attic. We just dont run a back seat and it rarely has two of us in it, not alone the incredibly few times I would have the opportunity to run three or more.. So, just wondering, how many of you run no back seat all the time, run a back seat all the time, or kinda go back and forth.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also back seat-less. A little less weight, more storage room and the bonus of 'Hey, I can't drive... I can only fit 2."

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the technical point of this thread??? Should probably move this to the general discussion forum
I am trying to limit to the world of TJs .. if you move it to General Discussion, then all the other models can polute the results..

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have no backseat, no seat mounts, no rear bar padding and no rear seat belts. My dog likes it better that way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I run no backseat in our LJ , seat is stored in the basement and a 2inch thick insulation board fitted for the dogs to ride on.

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
I do not run a back seat. I bought the Jeep new in 05. First week I had it I removed the back seat, all brackets, and rear seatbelts. I couldn't tell you where they are at this point. As stated before I don't use the back seat so I can have more room for storage and only room for 2 people (wife and I).

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
The backseat has been used once in 4 years, so out it came and put in a Highrock storage rack.
The storage rack is easily removed, so left the seatbelts and brackets in the tub in case I need to use the seat.

120110_GreenTJjeepWA128 - Copy.jpg

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
I hardly ever have my back seat in. I like it best without it. But, I keep it ready in the garage for the rare occasions I may need it. Last time I used it was September 2012.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Being hearing impaired, I have a hard time hearing someone speak to me from behind... So no back seat for me :) Besides my cat enjoys the open space more hehehe Yep, she's a jeeper lol

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Pulled the back seat out of mine and sold it the same week i bought my 99...

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I think i sold it for like 150 or 200 bucks...had it on for maybe a day on craigslist and had a bunch of interest in it.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Back seat is stored in the rafters of the garage. I bought the Jeep new in 2003 - in 2004, I bought this trick All J Products interior rack. Look at all of the stuff that fits in my Jeep!:dance:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
^ wheres the jeep?
It was in Big Bear, CA yesterday. The Jeep is pictured loaded down with gear, hence, the sagging over the rear axle. Not running a rear seat allows me to pack for long weekend trips without running out of interior space.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts