Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting jeeper!
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a TJ not too long ago and I found out how to flip the back seat forward to open up the trunk but when I do the seat just kinda flops around I was wondering if there was a way of properly securing the seat to the vehicle. I've noticed what looks like circle clip points attached to the rear of the front roll cage but can't find any connection between these two things. If anyone could help that would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I use a bungie cord.

·
Registered
772 Posts
the cli[p things on the roll bar are for a soft top frame-although when i got mine(hard top) there was a bungi cord attached to 1 side. figured the PO streached it across to hold the seat forward-works good. probably just hook it on the soft top frame in the summer. If you do not need/want the seat, you can always remove it-fairly simple and gives you a little more storage room.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I used a bungy cord until I just took the seat out

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I keep the seat in just in case there is someone I want to give a ride to. wink wink.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I always used a bungee cord attached to my soft top mount on the roll cage. It worked well but pushed on the back of the driver's seat so it was kind of annoying.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I always used a bungee cord attached to my soft top mount on the roll cage. It worked well but pushed on the back of the driver's seat so it was kind of annoying.
glad to know it doesn't just happen to me. only use it that way once a week for grocery shopping so it's not too bad. thought maybe it was because i had the seat too far back

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
scares the hell out of me when it drops...I keep forgetting to get a new strap/bungie.

·
Supporting jeeper!
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mrcarcrazy said:
scares the hell out of me when it drops...I keep forgetting to get a new strap/bungie.
HAha yeah that's why I was asking in the first place. Thai god I haven't kept anything fragile in the back

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I keep the seat in just in case there is someone I want to give a ride to. wink wink.
thats why the air mattress and air tank are for! haha, no i just dont use mine for anything but getting to and from school and work. i use the commander if i have ppl with me

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
My TJ came with a handful of straps. I assumed that's what they were for and have been using them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts