Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the back seat in my 2015 JK supposed to stay in position when it's folded closed, or even when it rotates forward against the front seats?

Mine doesn't. When it's in any position other than upright it will flop around as I drive and if I hit a bump just right the seat will come flying forwards if it's just folded down.

I would have expected there to be a latch or other method to keep it in either position but since I bought it used I guess it's possible there's something wrong with it.

Anyone else who has a back seat have this issue?

(those who have removed the back seat completely are free to tell me that you've done so, but that doesn't help, haha.)

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
My 2017 JKUR locks in the upright position and the lever has to be released to fold the seat forward. Once down it doesn't move, but is not locked in the down position.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
There are no OEM latches or restraints to control the JK folded rear seat. Improvise via bungee or ratchet strap etc. A vender markets a metal rod that acts like a kick stand to stabilize the JK folded seat.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If it's folded down, it's free to flop. I used to keep mine folded up against the backs of the front seats with a ratchet strap.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
My (old) YJ, even included a strap just to tie the folded up rear seat, to the sports bar.

Not my pic, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to fix this. You cut a small cable on one side and it locks the seat down. If you want to flip it up, you just pull on the cable. took 5 minutes and this might sound crazy but it was one of the best mods that I made to my Jeep. No more flopping seat. When in the up position it works like factory.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to fix this. You cut a small cable on one side and it locks the seat down. If you want to flip it up, you just pull on the cable. took 5 minutes and this might sound crazy but it was one of the best mods that I made to my Jeep. No more flopping seat. When in the up position it works like factory.
I looked but can't find anything like that. If you ever come across it again I'd be interested to see it. I'm not sure I understand what you mean just from your description.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Funny how Chrysler had a special strap to hold the folded seat in the TJ and then got rid of it in the JK. Like others said, I just use a rubber bungee strap to attach it to the front seat headrest posts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a 12 JKR and have never had anyone in the back seat so keep it folded. I have never experienced any flopping in the 7+ years I have owned it. I have never used a strap like on my YJ. Maybe I am just lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts