Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 12 2 door and my back seat won't flip up. The back lays down but it won't go any farther. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on a solution?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not trying to be smart, did u move the front seats up? The back seat head rests might hitting the front seats.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Sounds like the internal magic cable that connects the handle thinger to the bottom latches broke. Only know 'cuz I've seen it mentioned here, but do not know a fix. One guy connected that cable to a separate handle so he could lay down the seat without flipping it forward.

As far as I know there is a cable/some sort of magic that connects the seatback to the latches, and the latches only release when the seat is all the way folded.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Someone posted in this thread:

"Thanks for all the post.If u look at the bottom of the seat there is a zipper.unzip it and u will see two cables that go to each side of bottom seat.one of these cables is broke.took it to dealer yesterday and will have fixed on wednesday for no charge.they need to take apart seat just to get it out at this point then order part and then fix it. will pick up seat saturday.going to keep it out. thanks again"

I'd check, but my Jeep is currently at the dealer.

·
Banned
514 Posts
Odd.. Cause when I sold our back seat to another user here.. I just reached under the seat and grabbed the release bar that disconnects the locking hooks from the floor brackets. Then pushed the seat forward and simply unhooked the entire seat from the forward hooks. I know, for first timers its a challenge.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Odd.. Cause when I sold our back seat to another user here.. I just reached under the seat and grabbed the release bar that disconnects the locking hooks from the floor brackets. Then pushed the seat forward and simply unhooked the entire seat from the forward hooks. I know, for first timers its a challenge.
That's complete removal. OP had stated he's having trouble with the "flip up" (I'm assuming the fold and tumble). There are two sets of latches - rear and front. The rear are supposed to release when the seat is folded forward so that it can be flipped forward (which would, in turn, reveal the bar you're referring to).

Not trying to be snarky at all, so apologies if it sounds that way.

·
Banned
514 Posts
No your good.. Must have been in my reading of his statement.. so I would have to rephrase my comment to include the pull strap locate on the back of the seat.. (at least ours had this) and then it would lead to the cables you maybe refering to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts