Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would use my first post as a chance to introduce myself. My first car back in '98 was a black Jeep Wrangler, bare bones with only auto transmission and full steel doors as options. I had it for 3 years before upgrading to a larger truck. Since than I've had multiple trucks/SUVs. Well, after many discussions with my wife, we both agreed it was time to once again have a jeep in the family. The kids have loved shopping and looking at different models (can not wait to see the look in their eyes when they realize the roof comes off). We placed an order for an unlimited rubicon last weekend. Now, I wait....so far it's not as easy as I thought. But looking at potential mods and following this site keep me from going crazy. Can't wait to post some pics of the original and the new/current

·
Retired Moderator
100,487 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Congrats on returning to the Jeep world!!!!!!
And a Rubicon, "WOW".... you will be amazed at the places that it will take you!

Enjoy your new ride......:thumb:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and fun of owning a JK!

Things have changed a lot since 1998. For instance, it is absolute bad form to address you Jeep as a "car". ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I bet it's hard looking and reading and not having it yet ... But your time will come ☺

·
Super Moderator
10,613 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One other thing that has changed since 1998: owning a Wrangler placed you in the periphery of the market; now owning a Wrangler places you right on the middle of it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome aboard! Hide the checkbook from the wife! Lol!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
A lot has changed since the YJ/TJ. The engines don't suck anymore. No more boat anchors under the hood. You can talk to the person riding with you now. No more hearing protection when traveling above 45 MPH necessary. The ride isn't like a tobacco wagon anymore. You can actually retain kidney function after a trip. You can't hear them rust on a quiet night anymore. And you can get a model that'll hold more than a gallon of milk in the cargo area now. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the addiction...:welcome:

·
Registered
511 Posts
You sound just like me! In 2002 I had bought 99 Wrangler Sport with a 2" lift and loved it. I ended up trading it in for an Acura RSX and immediately regretted my decision. What made things even worse was as I filled out the paperwork for the Acura I watched the porter leave work in my old Jeep!

I kept the Acura for a few years and bought a 4Runner that I still love, but not like I loved my Jeep. Needless to say I am now looking into a new Wrangler Unlimited.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I started with a 94 wrangler, sold it in 98 when my daughter was born, and finally got back to Jeep in 2013. I love my Jeep! Welcome back!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A lot has changed since the YJ/TJ. The engines don't suck anymore. No more boat anchors under the hood. You can talk to the person riding with you now. No more hearing protection when traveling above 45 MPH necessary. The ride isn't like a tobacco wagon anymore. You can actually retain kidney function after a trip. You can't hear them rust on a quiet night anymore. And you can get a model that'll hold more than a gallon of milk in the cargo area now. Enjoy.
Funny thing is, at 18 I never minded any of that. Now, the improvement over all those issues is what helped sell us
Can't wait

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You sound just like me! In 2002 I had bought 99 Wrangler Sport with a 2" lift and loved it. I ended up trading it in for an Acura RSX and immediately regretted my decision. What made things even worse was as I filled out the paperwork for the Acura I watched the porter leave work in my old Jeep! I kept the Acura for a few years and bought a 4Runner that I still love, but not like I loved my Jeep. Needless to say I am now looking into a new Wrangler Unlimited.
We have my Acadia coming off lease in May, and once we took a look at the new ones we were sold. Just a matter of deciding on what model and getting the best price.

·
Administrator
16,970 Posts
:welcome: :wavey: Yes, my wife has a Jeep addiction also.
Have fun, the wait is worth it. 9 long weeks for mine, I think they're moving faster than that now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts