Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at add a back up camera to my 430 N unit. Is there something that will work with the unit and have image displayed on the Unit screen?

I tried searching these posts but the one discussion I found was regarding a camera that is not available

·
Registered
2016 JKU 75th Edition, 2" Mopar lift 1" spacer lift, Ultimate Dana 44 front, Front and rear locker,
282 Posts
There are many post on this subject. The search on this web site is not the best. I usually will search google and it will find more results. You can spend as little or as much as you want. Most people say the cheap camera do as well as the the more expensive ones. It depends on if you want the lines in the picture or not. You will have to take it to the dealer to get your radio flashed( camera turned on) or purchased software to do it your self. I used this kit so I would not have to pay the dealer to flash my radio.
https://www.amazon.com/Brandmotion-9002-8837-Wrangler-Factory-2007-Current/dp/B00PHN9KYC/ref=asc_df_B00PHN9KYC/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138857889067&psc=1

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I am looking at add a back up camera to my 430 N unit. Is there something that will work with the unit and have image displayed on the Unit screen?

I tried searching these posts but the one discussion I found was regarding a camera that is not available
check this thread.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/jkus-backup-camera-and-pac-bci-ch21-install-2076049.html

There are dozens of inexpensive ($20) cameras that work great. The install is easy also. The pac bci ch21 looks like work,but you only use a couple of the wires. Get the jeep flashed at the dealer for about $50 and you are done. Mine works great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also look into the jscan app and obdii readers to activate the camera feature on the radio. My dealer wanted $115 to activate the camera on the radio... obdii adaptor is @$35 and jscan vin unclock was less than $20 and I can modify all kinds of parameters like tire size etc.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

I really appreciate the input from everyone. Especially when I asked a question that has been asked an answered numerous times

Now if I could just get the dame responses to my sale posts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts