Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the rear view mirror camera working and it's great. turns on when placed in reverse and camera is good enough for now. I placed the camera on the tow hitch for now using an old cap I had.

So now I want to be able to have the camera come not only in reverse but also if I turn on the rear view mirror camera when driving. I noticed that the video camera lead (the one that connects to the yellow RCA plugs) also had a red wire that appears to run the whole length of the yellow rca cable. I see 2" coming out of both ends. Any thoughts what this would be for

Cheers
Al

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I see 2" coming out of both ends. Any thoughts what this would be for

Cheers
Al

This red wire should be a power wire for your camera.

If you're wanting to have the camera come on whenever you want it to, then you'll need to set it up to be turned on with a switch, and not just when your Jeep is placed in reverse. You can actually do this several ways, dependent upon how handy you are electrically... a multi-position switch would be the easiest way..

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you point me to a link on how to complete this mod or a quick run down on how it's done.

Again I'd still like it to come in in reverse but also be able to turn it on and off manually while driving

Cheers
Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts