Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the tail lights to LED mainly for the brightness. I want the back of this to be seen. Now after all the checks are done, my back-up lights do not work. Not real worried but it would be nice if they worked. Checked the fuse, it appeard good but put a new on in anyway. Still do not work. This is a 2015 Wrangler. When it is placed in reverse. the fuse does not blow.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Try reversing the bulbs.
LED’s can be sensitive to polarity

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
For clarity, did you swap in an aftermarket set of complete LED assemblies, or did you install LED bulbs in OEM tail lights?

If the latter, try swapping polarity as mentioned above. If the former, double check that the plugs on the harness end are properly seated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For clarity, did you swap in an aftermarket set of complete LED assemblies, or did you install LED bulbs in OEM tail lights?

If the latter, try swapping polarity as mentioned above. If the former, double check that the plugs on the harness end are properly seated.
These were complete assy that I installed. I did the LED bulbs on another vehicle. Those worked the way they were supposed to. As for swapping the polarity, these lights will not work at all if they are backwards. They had to be positive to positive and negative to negative. I'm going to look at the back up switch today

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
These were complete assy that I installed. I did the LED bulbs on another vehicle. Those worked the way they were supposed to. As for swapping the polarity, these lights will not work at all if they are backwards. They had to be positive to positive and negative to negative. I'm going to look at the back up switch today
Swapping polarity won't work with a complete aftermarket light assembly.

One things you can do is to test each pin in the wiring harness socket for 12V using a digital multimeter. There will be one pin that has no voltage unless the vehicle is in reverse- you can test it on level ground with the key in the ignition, the parking brake applied and the shifter in "reverse." If you have +12V on that pin with the Jeep in reverse at the connector socket, the problem lies with the light assembly rather than with the Jeep. An easier test would be to re-install the OEM lights and see if they come on with the Jeep in reverse.

What taillight assembly did you buy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today, I got the jeep up n the air so I could look at the back-up switch. I have found out that it does help to have the switch wire plugged in to the switch!!! With it plugged in, the fuse stayed good and the light work. Now I wonder how the hell it got unplugged!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts