Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice, My dealer charged 1/2 hour labor also. 47.50 +tax. Most dealers want to bill you a full hour, 95 bucks/hr at the one that did mine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My dealer wanted $109. I mentioned to the service manager that I had just bought the Rubicon 3 weeks earlier and he didn't seem to care. When we bought it we also picked up a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit for my wife so I called the salesman and told him what the service dept said. He couldn't scramble fast enough to get the approval from the sales manager...so they did it for free. I guess when you drop $110,000 in one night they remember you. :worthy:

Reactions: JCS2179

·
Registered
107 Posts
Getting mine flashed soon. Installed myself yesterday. Soldered in to the trailer hitch harness in the driver side tail light.
You're getting power for the camera from the brake light?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Getting mine flashed soon. Installed myself yesterday. Soldered in to the trailer hitch harness in the driver side tail light.
That looks like the perfect location for backing up to a trailer which can be a real pain with that spare tire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is their anyone that can make up a complete parts list of what I would need to do this mod.? I want to do this to my Rubicon but seems very confusing with all the different idea's, Please and thanks much. I will sent who ever makes up a parts list a frozen pizza of your chose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is their anyone that can make up a complete parts list of what I would need to do this mod.? I want to do this to my Rubicon but seems very confusing with all the different idea's, Please and thanks much. I will sent who ever makes up a parts list a frozen pizza of your chose.
Click the Amazon link below, scroll to "Frequently Bought Together", and click "Add All Three to Cart". Will be the Gino camera, wiring harness, and a video coupler. All for $40.

http://www.amazon.com/Flush-Waterpr...d_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VXBTXMVQ1FA9NT5YRA2

Gino camera will have view and lines as seen in post #29 above. I'm very happy with the picture.

Install in bumper using included hole saw. Run wiring through grommet under jack and connect power to reverse light wire in harness just inside right rear corner (no need to go all the way to the tail light housing). White/Gray = positive. Black = negative. Run video wire along existing harness on passenger side to dash and up to the radio. Plug harness into back of radio.

Go to dealer and hand them these directions:

PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION
Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system
functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:
1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter
the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option” and code XRV
(Audio and Video Output).
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless
connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera
vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation
Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.
VALIDATION PROCESS
From the “Initial Start Up” screen on the StarSCAN follow the steps below:
1. Using the StarSCAN follow the menu to ECU VIEW, select TIPMCGW CENTRAL GATEWAY, MORE OPTIONS,
ECU DETAILS and then CONFIG INFO
2. Verify REAR CAMERA PRESET- - - -SET is present.

Mine charged me 1/2 hr labor. Some are charging more.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Click the Amazon link below, scroll to "Frequently Bought Together", and click "Add All Three to Cart". Will be the Gino camera, wiring harness, and a video coupler. All for $40. http://www.amazon.com/Flush-Waterproof-Reverse-Backup-Camera/dp/B00B2ZD7OS/ref=pd_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VXBTXMVQ1FA9NT5YRA2 Gino camera will have view and lines as seen in post #29 above. I'm very happy with the picture. Install in bumper using included hole saw. Run wiring through grommet under jack and connect power to reverse light wire in harness just inside right rear corner (no need to go all the way to the tail light housing). White/Gray = positive. Black = negative. Run video wire along existing harness on passenger side to dash and up to the radio. Plug harness into back of radio. Go to dealer and hand them these directions: PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below: 1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com 2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option” and code XRV (Audio and Video Output). 3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN. With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the vehicle, follow the steps below: 4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION. 5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle configuration. 6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to verify that the vehicle has been updated. VALIDATION PROCESS From the “Initial Start Up” screen on the StarSCAN follow the steps below: 1. Using the StarSCAN follow the menu to ECU VIEW, select TIPMCGW CENTRAL GATEWAY, MORE OPTIONS, ECU DETAILS and then CONFIG INFO 2. Verify REAR CAMERA PRESET- - - -SET is present. Mine charged me 1/2 hr labor. Some are charging more. Hope this helps.
that's everything you need! If you have specific questions or need pics of what I did, just ask.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info., I just ordered the 3 items listed above. Hope I can get this back up camera working, I will be so happy.

Thanks again

·
Registered
48 Posts
Worked like a charm

Bought the camera and harness. Easy install, routing the video feed cable was the most "difficult". Not hard to do the "difficult" part was deciding how to get it up into the cab. Went up through the rubber seal above the driver's side tail light where that cable enters. Around the edges, under the carpet and up into the console.

While the dealer was doing the TPMS recall they activated the camera function at no charge. The camera has good definition with marker lines at about the 1', 2', 3' and 4' ranges.

·
Commercial Member
245 Posts
I just did this install this weekend, I used the Gino camera and connected it to my Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD head unit, install was relatively straightforward, BUT the camera doesn't work!. I have checked all of my connections and when i shift it in reverse(manual trans) the head unit does switch to the rear camera view, but no picture(black screen). rechecked all connections and voltage at wire tap into postive and neg connections in rear...no go.:mad: . btw, the hole saw provided while sharp, is a bit undersized(i chose to install in the center of the rear factory bumper cover-above my hitch).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just did this install this weekend, I used the Gino camera and connected it to my Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD head unit, install was relatively straightforward, BUT the camera doesn't work!. I have checked all of my connections and when i shift it in reverse(manual trans) the head unit does switch to the rear camera view, but no picture(black screen). rechecked all connections and voltage at wire tap into postive and neg connections in rear...no go.:mad: . btw, the hole saw provided while sharp, is a bit undersized(i chose to install in the center of the rear factory bumper cover-above my hitch).
Double check your ground and power. I had the same issue and I was certain that the connections were good. I used 3M quick connects and when I removed those and soldered them in all was good.

Reactions: rombra67

·
Commercial Member
245 Posts
I used 3M connects as well...will try solder connections next and report back..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used 3M connects as well...will try solder connections next and report back..
I don't normally use those, but I was in a hurry and thought what the heck...spent more time tracing and re-doing it than I saved to be sure.

·
Commercial Member
245 Posts
Double check your ground and power. I had the same issue and I was certain that the connections were good. I used 3M quick connects and when I removed those and soldered them in all was good.
Sure enough-bad ground wire connection in the 3M quick connector...soldered all connections and all is well...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sure enough-bad ground wire connection in the 3M quick connector...soldered all connections and all is well...
Nice.

21 - 40 of 666 Posts