Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
661 - 666 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was a little finicky with my ground wire, but got it done. Used raxiom mount, boss camera, and the harness noted...my soldering skills are not pretty lol. And why the heck are the wires from camera so small!!! Dont they know im old and my vision is for sh!t!!! I used OBD programmer and JSCAN phone app to enable the backup camera on my 2015 JKUR 430N radio...worked like a charm

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
so doing this install - yeah i'm a noob when it comes to electrical such as this - but should i disconnect the battery prior to tapping into the the reverse wires? or should i be good?
Since there is no power going through the reverse wire when the key is in the OFF position and not shifted into reverse there is no need to disconnect the battery.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Was a little finicky with my ground wire, but got it done. Used raxiom mount, boss camera, and the harness noted...my soldering skills are not pretty lol. And why the heck are the wires from camera so small!!! Dont they know im old and my vision is for sh!t!!! I used OBD programmer and JSCAN phone app to enable the backup camera on my 2015 JKUR 430N radio...worked like a charm
JScan rocks! I too used it to activate the camera on a 430n I picked up of eBay.

I did not solder my connections. I did a military splice for both power and ground. Easy to do and removable later without having to desolder.

661 - 666 of 666 Posts