Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my back windows zipper is so messed up its impossible to zip. What is an easy way to atleast make there no hole because all the heat goes out and cold air comes in and I don't want water getting where my sub will soon be. And can you buy a new back window only? What are my options?

ForumRunner_20120110_162716.jpg

ForumRunner_20120110_162725.jpg

·
Registered
885 Posts
is the zipper on the window bad or on the top? i saw a girl driving last week and she must have had about 300 safety pins holding that back window on

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 99 tj. I don't really know which one is bad. How am I supposed to know? How much do good soft tops run? Like $300?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The zipper won't move at all, its zipped all the way to down to the right but the teeth aren't connected there is just a hole. Where can I buy a back window?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had tie wraps in mine for well over a year and a half. Makes the rear use a little inconvenient, but I also have a factory "woofer" back there taking up space. so far, the new top isn't happening.

Like a Thermos, keeps the hot and cold where they belong!

ETA: the zipper was broken on both ends of mine, top-side. Somebody safety pinned the bottoms and good old me, I took it off. Never to be zipped again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine does this from time to time. You need to lube the zippers and pull and tug on it until the zipper pull comes free. Often you have to work it some each way and pull down or up on the window right next to the zipper pull. Check the teeth to see if any are bent or broken before you do this so you don't bind it more. Work the zippers so that you are working it toward where it unzips entirely so you can take the window off. Get a tooth brush and clean the teeth, re-lube and then put the window back in. Sometimes mine seem like it won't budge but with a little persistence, it does.

·
Registered
130 Posts
canvas shop would be the best answer if teeth are bad. if it's the slider you can buy them at jeepit.com or on ebay. had the same problem with mine except not as bad

·
Registered
366 Posts
doolyd said:
Mine does this from time to time. You need to lube the zippers and pull and tug on it until the zipper pull comes free. Often you have to work it some each way and pull down or up on the window right next to the zipper pull. Check the teeth to see if any are bent or broken before you do this so you don't bind it more. Work the zippers so that you are working it toward where it unzips entirely so you can take the window off. Get a tooth brush and clean the teeth, re-lube and then put the window back in. Sometimes mine seem like it won't budge but with a little persistence, it does.
That's what I did!!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! i had the same issuse and when i went to the repair shop to have them put a new ziper on they just said the ZIP itself is just a lil loose. take the window out (which is hte biggest pain the a**) just how ever u can get it out. then just take a pair of pliers and squeez really hard on the top and bottom(inside and outside) then it should just zip right back up but make sure when ur zipping it up its totally in the right spot even off by one tooth can make it happen again. this 100% fixed mine untill the acutall window broke then i just ran a bikini/windjammer. try this b4 anything heck its free!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts