Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was removing some gear out of the back of my Jeep and accidentally caught one of the side wires that attaches to the window defroster connectors. Unfortunately I pulled the wire and the connector right off of the window. For the sake of argument and to see if it would still work, I duct taped it back in place and tried the defrosters - it worked. However, the duct tape is a little hack for my tastes and I'd like to permanently fix it. Has any one run into this problem and has successfully repaired it? Maybe using an epoxy or something? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can't justify buying a replacement rear window just for a broken defroster...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was like that when i bought the jeep this summer. Friend of mine suggested solder and said that should work. I haven't tried it yet but tomorrow I've got a couple of projects to do n that may be one of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
JB Weld

If I remember right the heat generated to defrost or defog. Regular 2 part epoxy will not work, this company I think makes a 2part repair kit, that works really well. I know my wires hang down to, I still,need to install the mopar kit for my wiper, and anti fog.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My dog tore the metal tabs off my rear window defogger and there is a 2 part conductive cement that is made to repair the tab or reattach the tape to the window itself. Worked great. I repaired it 3 years ago and its like new. www.frostfighter.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts