Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been throwing around the idea of taking out my back seat in my 2 door. I know that 1 of the benefits would obviously be more space in the back to store things. Will taking out my backseat decrease the weight of the vehicle enough to see any positive gains?

Give me your opinion and let me know if you think it is worth it or not.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
It will decrease the weight by exactly one back seat removed. I'm guessing that it won't even equate to one adult person weighing 150 lbs. So, as far a performance, no I don't think it will make any difference at all and also will have negligible effect on economy. Your MPG will remain flat....right where it is now.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
...no backseat drivers

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
i removed mine in my 2007 jk. threw it back in when i traded for the 2012. I think it helps visibility some because you don't have the rear headrests in your rear view. Just got more room. My wife prefers the seat in. Give you one guess how mine is right now. I haven't taken it out yet, but probably will soon.

cass

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Had mine out for most of it's life but recently put it back in because of my trip to Daytonia and having to take an extra passenger with me. Didn't notice any gas mileage changes since I put it back in. Did notice I no longer have any room in back.
Really considering a one seat mod for rear if I can find a seat that will work with and is close match to my current seats.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Took mine out about six months ago .wife thinks i should put it back in and i told thats what we have your jeep for .i like the extra space ,the seat weights about 75-80 lbs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Isn't it easy to take it out and put it back in? The dealer showed me, though I have not needed to take the seat out yet. I had a 93, and I used to take the seat out all the time and put it back in when I was planning on extra passengers.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:D Heh Heh, thats even a better thought than I had-

Since my wife is a backseat driver----now she hasta sit there !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
If you just hand her q direct feed from the keg, it cuts down on the bitchin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts