Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! This may be a true newbie question, but does anyone know what sort of backspacing is on my 2010 JK Mountain wheels (see pic below)? I'm getting a 2.5 lift kit, new wheels, and new tires installed, and I'd like the tires to extend beyond the fender flares a bit. I'm looking at a wheel with 4.5" backspace, but I'm not sure how much that will differ from my current setup if at all. Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm not going to pretend to be a tire expert but the stock backspacing seems to be 6.25". So the smaller backspacing will help with the aggressive stance you're looking for. Do you have any information on what wheels and tires you're planning to get? Having the size of the new items might help in allowing someone to comment on the difference.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice combo choice, but id go a little bigger and also wait for the bfg at2 to make its way on to the market. as for backspacing just about any wheel out there thats not crazily inset will be a better choice than the stock for pushing them out. best bet is to go to one of our newer stores in kentucky like louisville and have one of our salemen set you up with a combo that will work prefect. we test fit the wheel for anything that will hit as well as mount one up to see how itll look. best of luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts