Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install a backup camera on my 2014 Unlimited with standard transmission. I have spent hours reading all of the information on this site on this topic but I need clarification on one point as different threads say different things.

I am adding an aftermarket camera and having the deaer us StarSCAN to enable the backup camera option on my 430N. The question I have is does the camera plug directly into the back of this radio, ie there is a port for the camera connector? Or do I need a harness? Or need to drill a hole in the existing wiring plug and solder somethign in? Again, different threads say different things and I was hoping to be fully prepared before I remove dash and head unit for install.

One more question - can the dealer enable the option before I install camera? I assume yes, but wanted to check.

Many thanks for these answers and all of the information people have provided along the way.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There is no port today. There is a harness that you can purchase to plug into the 430 which will provide the RCA connector, but if you crack open the dash and look behind the 430N now, you won't find an RCA female receptor.

I'm not sure if there is a requirement for the harness to be present before flashing or not. My guess would be no, but that's a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts