Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 Rubicon for 3 weeks now and visibility out the back when I parallel park is awfull and I need a backup camera to get in tight spots. My only need is that I want the camera to be integrated with my 430N. I've read plenty of threads on how to do the install myself but I don't have the time or skill to pull that off.

If you were me, who would you go with to both purchase and install a backup camera in the area? I'm in the Tyson's corner area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm taking mine to Cas design in sterling next week. They are installing the jeep commander kit, I can give you details after the instal. The owner has been doing high end audio for years and also does a ton of custom work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice and yes, I'm interested in how the install went for the commander kit.

I read the links on installing the mod yourself and sometimes a man has to know his limits so I'll need the help of a professional to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Thanks for the advice and yes, I'm interested in how the install went for the commander kit. I read the links on installing the mod yourself and sometimes a man has to know his limits so I'll need the help of a professional to do it right the first time.
If you JUST want the ability to see your camera, no video in motion, no imputing GPS while moving etc, you can do an install much cheaper than having kits installed.

I had my dealer flash my 430 system to accept the camera. They did this for free when I picked up my Jeep last month. Takes 10 minutes.

I purchased just the wire harness from NAV TV for $60.

Purchased a $23 camera from amazon.

Had Best Buy install the camera. $75 (it's now $100 plus a $5 parts charge). I mounted my rear camera in the tow hitch as I won't be towing anything.

Camera works great. Normally I don't allow best buy to install anything, but cameras are pretty easy.

For what it's worth to people who are getting the commander kit, I've seen several posts on the god awful quality.

If you have questions, feel free to Pm me.

image-2846099575.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts