Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
I like my bacon served as a separate dish, smoked, thick cut, crispy, coarsely peppered, and doused in real maple syrup and butter that has slid over from my pancakes. I like all that mess on the eggs, too. Day-um!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
******* scramble:
Bacon
Sausage
Goetta (not the Gliers, they give Cincinnati goetta a bad name)
Mushrooms
Spinach
Green chili peppers
Hash browns
Eggs eggs eggs

Scramble it all in eggs, then add an over-medium egg or two on top with some salsa and cheese. Then go wrestle a bear and chop some wood to sell for Jeep parts and flannel shirts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow! There is nothing on earth better to eat than bacon. I should have known I would find that Bacon is Jeeper food! We raise our own pigs and I thank them for their sacrifice each time I feed them. We have some fresh, Mennonite-made cured bacon coming next week, thanks to Flopsy and Dropsy (the last pigs). There is no WRONG way to eat bacon, except if you accept less than a whole mess of bacon. Geez, now I'm hungry, and I just ate some sausage.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I created a recipe once for a Bacon Cheesecake... turned out pretty damn good.

Best bacon you can get is from a local slaughter house /butcher yum!!

Brickyard Meat Processing in Cullman, AL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is our story on Bacon Pancakes.. have a cool bacon recipe of your own.. feel free too post it up

bacon-pancakes
I've looked all over and can't find a threat or post to answer my question. I chose this 'cause it's my favorite thread. LOVE BACON! Just plain bacon with Miracle Whip on bread is almost as good as riding on a dirt road in my Jeep, just doesn't last as long.

Now the question: What is the best product for re-blacking the stock fenders and bumpers? I think I used Back to Black on my first Jeep, but I've heard it washes off too quickly. Is there a discussion of this somewhere on the forum? Thanks, and many happy huge bites of bacon to you....

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I've looked all over and can't find a threat or post to answer my question. I chose this 'cause it's my favorite thread. LOVE BACON! Just plain bacon with Miracle Whip on bread is almost as good as riding on a dirt road in my Jeep, just doesn't last as long. Now the question: What is the best product for re-blacking the stock fenders and bumpers? I think I used Back to Black on my first Jeep, but I've heard it washes off too quickly. Is there a discussion of this somewhere on the forum? Thanks, and many happy huge bites of bacon to you....
TJ or JK general .. Try the new Armorall. I forget the name but there is a JK on the package.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks, I'll look that up. I plan to become a supporting member too as soon as I can catch up from going broke buying my Jeep. Hopefully next month.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Face Bacon

My kind of bacon pancake:

See, I love this picture. I have even dreamed of it. Have you ever eaten smoked hog jowl, smoked just like bacon? We grow our own pork, so I want to make everything that can be bacon, bacon. I just ate a smoked hog jowl sandwich and it was pretty good, just that the fat is a little "fatter" than regular bacon. I feel like a hog myself admitting how much I love bacon, but I wear regular size in women's clothes, so I'm going to keep on eating bacon. Hey, it gives me strength to hop up into my Jeep, and isn't that all that really matters?

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
See, I love this picture. I have even dreamed of it. Have you ever eaten smoked hog jowl, smoked just like bacon? We grow our own pork, so I want to make everything that can be bacon, bacon. I just ate a smoked hog jowl sandwich and it was pretty good, just that the fat is a little "fatter" than regular bacon. I feel like a hog myself admitting how much I love bacon, but I wear regular size in women's clothes, so I'm going to keep on eating bacon. Hey, it gives me strength to hop up into my Jeep, and isn't that all that really matters?
it is indeed all that really matters :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe someone will get hungry for bacon and read this on the old thread: I went to Shoney's breakfast bar yesterday for my birthday. Ate plenty of grits with bacon and pepper on top. The next group the waiter seated also got breakfast bar, and I distinctly heard the waiter say, "We'll have some more bacon out in a few minutes." Guess I was a bacon hog!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Jalapenos split then stuffed with a mix of cream cheese, cheddar, pulled pork, and honey then wrapped with bacon rolled in a rub and smoked for a couple of hours. Known as ABT's or Atomic Buffalo Turds

I always forget to take an "after" pic

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Today I had both bacon and pancakes, but not in the same meal... :-(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Keeping with the theme of bacon makes everything better....how about a Butter Maple Bacon Doughnut.......I don't have a recipe but a doughnut shop in GA makes these artery clogging, heart stopping divine edible goodies. They are a plain yeast doughnut (glazed doughnut without the glaze) wrapped in a piece of cooked bacon then when you order they pour hot maple syrup and hot butter all over it! What I can't figure out is why my cardiologist always calls me when I have one?????

41 - 60 of 87 Posts