Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new shocks (Rancho 9000XL) Thursday night not expecting them until maybe next weekend. Well, they came this morning so I was excited to get them on and try them out. My rear upper shock bolts were seized beyond belief. I was able to remove one bolt, twisted off two, and one is still in there. My Jeep is now sitting with the rear jacked up off the frame so I can put some heat on the nubs sticking out and hopefully be able to get the broken bolts off with vise grips. I broke an ez-out on one leaving the tip inside of the bolt so that won't be a fun one to get out now. Oh well, at least the front shocks went smoothly.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't have any problems at all when I changed shocks last year so I didn't think of PB. They have about half a can so far throughout today. I wish I had an air chisel to take the welded nuts off. I don't need them with my BL since I can work nuts in the space between the wheel well and the frame.

I think I'm getting to the Jeep age where seized nuts are being more and more of an issue. I had to buy a torch to get my sway bar links off to replace with quick discos last month. Last weekend I broke 2 ratchets and a 3" extension dropping my skidplate to try an install of a Novak shifter. I finally got that installed Friday night. I don't have a garage so much of my work this time of year is with a headlamp in the driveway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts