Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
87 wrangler I6. I just replaced my Weber carb with a new one from quadratec. It's smelled a little rich since I've had it changed but only very slightly. Well tonight I noticed a small hint of gas in my oil and it was a tad greyish. Would this be a bad fuel pump? Or wrong jets in the carb? I've already changed the fuel filter, plugs and wires

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
87 wrangler I6. I just replaced my Weber carb with a new one from quadratec. It's smelled a little rich since I've had it changed but only very slightly. Well tonight I noticed a small hint of gas in my oil and it was a tad greyish. Would this be a bad fuel pump? Or wrong jets in the carb? I've already changed the fuel filter, plugs and wires
normally if you are not having a certain problem but change a part and then do have that problem you need to look at the part you replaced as being the problem

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. Ill have the shop check the carb tomorrow. The gas in the oil just had me worried as this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Okay. Ill have the shop check the carb tomorrow. The gas in the oil just had me worried as this is my daily driver.
I hear ya,it would have me worried too..it could possibly be the fuel pump but since it did not start until you changed the carb then that would be my first guess..to much raw fuel in the cylinders will wash the oil off the cylinder walls and the rings will wear out in no time

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just trying to find everything the PO did before I got it. Ran some seafoam through it, carb started leaking. It had been filled with jb weld. That's why I was curious if the fuel pump was bad. Might have been gunked up causing the fuel smell and such

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Just trying to find everything the PO did before I got it. Ran some seafoam through it, carb started leaking. It had been filled with jb weld. That's why I was curious if the fuel pump was bad. Might have been gunked up causing the fuel smell and such
could be..I have never run a weber..a lot of people seem to love them but I sure have seen a lot of threads on here of people having problems with them..I hear that motorcraft is good..the best carb I ever had on a yj was a holley that the guy before me had put on it from the junkyard and I have no idea what he took it off of

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. Im new to Jeeps and just replaced it with the same thing that came off it. I figured that would be the easiest way to go. I wish there was an actual place around here that was good with Jeeps so I could have someone who knows what they're looking at to give it a look. The guy I got it from only had it a month before I got it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
your jeep is a pretty simple one..find you a good old mechanic and he will probably know a lot more about it than these fuel injection guys do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts