Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well
I hate my brakes.. Have a two door 2015 JK... Up graded pads, just ordered the Teraflex Big Rotor kit but I feel its more of a master cylinder issue
Just a spongy pedal.. One pump and it comes up.. Yes I bled the bakes and tried to purge the anti lock system.. that helped for while and then back to low spongy pedal that honstly is scary at times trying to stop in a panic stop.. Have 32 in tires..
Should I change out the Master ???

What say you experts and whats your pedal feel like..??

thanks
Pastor Scott
PS cheapest place to get a Master...no I would rather pay for it then let the dealer touch my baby

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Well
I hate my brakes.. Have a two door 2015 JK... Up graded pads, just ordered the Teraflex Big Rotor kit but I feel its more of a master cylinder issue
Just a spongy pedal.. One pump and it comes up.. Yes I bled the bakes and tried to purge the anti lock system.. that helped for while and then back to low spongy pedal that honstly is scary at times trying to stop in a panic stop.. Have 32 in tires..
Should I change out the Master ???

What say you experts and whats your pedal feel like..??

thanks
Pastor Scott
PS cheapest place to get a Master...no I would rather pay for it then let the dealer touch my baby

Would you consider the Mopar big brake kit? We have an open thread going. As long as you have at least 17" wheels would/should solve your problem. I did the teraflex kit for the rear of my 2dr and trying to get some down time to do the mopar setup up front. Check it out, I'm up north of you just over the westchester border. BAM wholesale has a good deal on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already ordered the Teraflex kit.. should be here in a day or so... was about $282 how much was the Mopar set up and what does it include

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if this helps you at all but even stock my brake pedal felt a little spongy and was making a squeaking sound towards the bottom. Dealer replaced it under warranty and the paperwork said something was binding up inside.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I already ordered the Teraflex kit.. should be here in a day or so... was about $282 how much was the Mopar set up and what does it include
Master cylinder
brake booster
13" rotors old are 11.9"
new dual piston calipers, old are single
caliper brackets
new brake lines
new pads
all hardware "bolts"

This is just for the front. BAM wholsale recently had it for $640, might be a few bucks more now.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts