Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all 1st post I need help just bought used 2012 wrangler yj with 3k on it have had it 2days mpg city per the econ avrg 11.6 to 12.6 bought this because mpg increase of the 3.6 pentastar motor is there something wrong with this jeep can anyone help me please hate to see that this mpg is all time would hate to have to sell it I do love this thing I do realize its a jeep but thats pretty bad thanks in advance joebuell

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Uhhhhhh you don't have a 2012 Yj.......I think you posted in the wrong forum. If you have a 2012 Wrangler, that is a JK Wrangler.
I would take it back to where you got it and tell them to tell you why the mileage is that bad. Are the tires stock?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are you driving it in 4x4? Are you driving it like its a Ferrari?

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
d5string said:
Uhhhhhh you don't have a 2012 Yj.......I think you posted in the wrong forum. If you have a 2012 Wrangler, that is a JK Wrangler.
I would take it back to where you got it and tell them to tell you why the mileage is that bad. Are the tires stock?
I thought they'd bring them back! Go yj! Lol

Did you leave it in 4x4?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Being in 4wd would be quite noticable leaving gas millage the least of his worries.. my guess is your heavy on the gas at lights or more like just enjoying your new Jeep.. 12mpg is on the low end of the low side of what I would expect you to get.. two things.. go easier on the skinny pedal and also do the millage calculations by hand as sometimes the computer isn't correct when reading your mpg

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
XJ Knight said:
Being in 4wd would be quite noticable leaving gas millage the least of his worries.. my guess is your heavy on the gas at lights or more like just enjoying your new Jeep.. 12mpg is on the low end of the low side of what I would expect you to get.. two things.. go easier on the skinny pedal and also do the millage calculations by hand as sometimes the computer isn't correct when reading your mpg
Hm I left mine in 4x4 once for a good while (not days just down the road a ways....couple miles....:hide:)

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
did you turn your steering wheel at all in that few miles.. should have been noticeable

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
d5string crrection noted JK got letters backwards not a 1st for me have had it almost 2 wks avrg now is 15.7-9 was not a jeep guy but damn sure learing quik love it you feel like your driving something that is built tuff just added rubicon tire pkg starting to look like a jeep as my brother told me thanks all the advice on here is a great bunch of info thanks joe b

·
Registered
886 Posts
2012 YJ, I would invest... back to rectangles and leaf springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts