Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was getting permission from she-who-must-be-obeyed before buying my JKU, the wife was adamant that if I bought a Jeep then she would not drive it, and so my BMW 335d would become her car. Now we're 3 days in and she's decided that she loves the Jeep and wants to drive it all the time. WTF?

I need tips for things I can do to the Jeep to make her like it less. I already took the doors off figuring she'd hate that - that backfired, she thinks it's much more fun - which it is. It's already way too tall for her (4" lift and 35" tires). The driver's seat is broken so won't go up and down or recline. What else can I do?

Now both my daughters who are a bit too short to be able to work the clutch pedal even with the seat slid as far forward as it'll go are talking about putting cushions behind their backs so they can work the clutch without getting leg cramps.

I need help here people. This is my Jeep, not my family's...:)

Ian

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Your done for on the Jeep. On the plus side you have a great family.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Better a new Jeep than a bmw

No more bmw , best to get another Jeep . ( Never ought to have gotten a bmw in the first place , for many many reasons .):bop:

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
335D's are so fun.

Honestly the solution is simple. Third vehicle time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
The answer to your question is to either remind your wife of her previous statement about the BMW and keep the BMW for her to drive, or sell the BMW and buy her a Jeep.

And your issue reminded me of a pic that I took of my Jeep at work last summer. The BMW's belong to a couple of my friends. One sold his BMW and bought a JKU HR. He couldn't be happier. The other guy's wife won't let him sell the BMW.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next time your wife is in the shower, go get your balls back out of her purse, and tell her to drive her own vehicle.
She keeps them in a jar in the fridge, locked away securely.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
335D's are so fun.

Honestly the solution is simple. Third vehicle time!

Yep, we'll be keeping the 335. It's a fantastic road trip car. 35+ mpg on the highway, quiet, comfortable, and shockingly fast. Basically all the things the Jeep isn't. That said, the doors and roof don't come up, and if you hit a ripple in the road stuff will break.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Yep, we'll be keeping the 335. It's a fantastic road trip car. 35+ mpg on the highway, quiet, comfortable, and shockingly fast. Basically all the things the Jeep isn't. That said, the doors and roof don't come up, and if you hit a ripple in the road stuff will break.

I was deeply saddened when they didn't bring that over to the F30 3 series, so we got a 2013 335i for the wife.

Looks like she may take over my JK hardrock and I'll likely buy a JT once we move to the coast.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
When I was getting permission from she-who-must-be-obeyed before buying my JKU, the wife was adamant that if I bought a Jeep then she would not drive it, and so my BMW 335d would become her car. Now we're 3 days in and she's decided that she loves the Jeep and wants to drive it all the time. WTF?

I need tips for things I can do to the Jeep to make her like it less. I already took the doors off figuring she'd hate that - that backfired, she thinks it's much more fun - which it is. It's already way too tall for her (4" lift and 35" tires). The driver's seat is broken so won't go up and down or recline. What else can I do?

Now both my daughters who are a bit too short to be able to work the clutch pedal even with the seat slid as far forward as it'll go are talking about putting cushions behind their backs so they can work the clutch without getting leg cramps.

I need help here people. This is my Jeep, not my family's...:)

Ian
You've assailed her on function - and she adapted. New strategy.

You've assailed her with disrepair - and she adapted. New strategy.

Go for a base sense - not an intellectual argument. Assail her sense of smell. Go drive through manure infused mud and get that sh*t everywhere!

:)

Reactions: maddog2020
1 - 20 of 56 Posts