Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my last wheeling trip I noticed I picked up a bad noise coming from the front end. After some investigation I noticed it only happens in 4 wheel drive and turning. I can hear it more when turning left. My front driveshaft has gotten a little banged so I replaced it since I had an extra one hoping that might be the problem, but no. So here I am asking for a little help. I think it might be the the bearing hub or the u joints. Any ideas. It’s a clanking noise. It’s a 2013 jku sport

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
After my last wheeling trip I noticed I picked up a bad noise coming from the front end. After some investigation I noticed it only happens in 4 wheel drive and turning. I can hear it more when turning left. My front driveshaft has gotten a little banged so I replaced it since I had an extra one hoping that might be the problem, but no. So here I am asking for a little help. I think it might be the the bearing hub or the u joints. Any ideas. It’s a clanking noise. It’s a 2013 jku sport
Is it a rotational noise the is gets fast on slower with speed? I would put the frontend up jack stands, pull the front wheels one at a time and watch as you rotate the axle shafts. I had this same issue after returning from wheeling trip. Do you have and did you use your front locker. I had to pull my diff cover and found I had broken teeth on my ring gear. I hope that is not your issue too. I do not have the skills to due gear setups so I will have to spend $1k at the end of the month. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts