Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a bad experience with an Ebay vendor called vinylsensations. I ordered a pair of black Jeep logo decals to replace the silver ones on my 98 TJ sport. Seemed simple enough, except when I got them, the decals were stuck to the backing paper. Any of you who have ever used vinyl decals like this know what I'm talking about, but I'll include a pic.

The top surface is supposed to come up and the decals are supposed to adhere to it. You then place your decal, rub it down, and carefully remove the top, see-thru surface. The trouble with these decals is that the vinyl is stuck to the paper backing and won't come up without pulling paper with it.

It took some arm twisting but they eventually sent me a second set - same problem. They didn't even check their stock before sending them out. Now, they're telling me they'll refund my money but I'll have to pay return shipping. No big deal, but it's the principle of the thing. It's not my fault they sell defective merchandise. Why should I have to pay at all?!

So, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal, but I'd like to make sure no one else goes on this particular ride. I'd recommend avoiding vinylsensations like the plague. I guess I should be glad these didn't end up on my Jeep. They must be very poor quality.

Anyone know of a competent vendor for TJ logo decals in black?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I bought my black JEEP and RUBICON stickers from All Things Jeep. They have a "buy 2 decals get 1" free deal. I don't know if they have the "TJ" sticker, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts