Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hit a hole in the road I hear alittle rumble like sound coming from the front the balljoints, tierods and steering box are good and the tires are not loose but would bad front shocks make that noise?

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I hit a hole in the road I hear alittle rumble like sound coming from the front the balljoints, tierods and steering box are good and the tires are not loose but would bad front shocks make that noise?
The shocks' main purpose is to act as a damper in the suspension system and pretty much just that. If the shocks were bad, you'd feel the bumps pretty bad. You can check where the shocks are secured to see if the connections are loose, but I wouldn't suspect the shocks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A worn control arm bushing will give you that funky noise almost like what you are describing... at least they did in my old cherocar. It was even more noticeable if I did any water crossings that day.
:whistling:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also, adding to Crunkys comment: I've seen a lot of control arm bolts start to back off a little bit. Make sure they're tight and properly torqued and that may even help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts